Wednesday 20 April 2011

Granny Pillow

Two posts from me today - I'm feeling all enthusiastic :P


Yesterday I put the finishing touches to my granny squares, joined them together, and used them to make this fab cushion cover :)


I'm really happy with how it turned out.  I just need to find some buttons to sew onto the back and then it's finished.  The flower fabric you might recognise as the same recycled charity shop find I used for the lining of this bag.


I must say thank you to the wonderful Jacquie over at Bunny Mummy for her tutorial.  I made a few amendments (I used a plain white fabric for the section underneath the granny squares, so my cover was made from 3 pieces rather than one), but the tutorial made it all so easy.

Oooh!  And before I forget, I must also say a MASSIVE thank you to all of you lovely people out there.  Eggbirddesigns has now passed 15,000 pageviews!  That's completely unbelievable.  There's definitely going to be a competition or a giveaway to say thank you - I'll let you know about that as soon as I can get it sorted.  In the meantime, if you can put on your thinking caps: what kind of things do you like to see in a giveaway?  What would make you really happy to find in the post?  Leave your suggestions below!  I can't make any promises, but you never know  :)

Much love to you all out there fellow bloggers! x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it
Ha all these years crocheting, I ca not seem to do a simple granny square lol

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Love your pillow. The color scheme is so pretty. I love the fabric and the crochet trim on it. Great job. xoRobin❤

Cindy said...

I really loce your backing fabric, good find! :)

Jacquie said...

Love your cushion , great idea to add a plain panel so you can have a pretty floral back :0)
Jacquie x

~Niki~ said...

your pillow is lovely :)
happy early EASTER!

Kira Wolf said...

Great rread thankyou